Baked Italian Meatballs
- 500 grams chicken mince
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- Either small handful of fresh basil or 1 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Line baking tray with foil; spray with cooking spray, OR use 2 x mini muffin tins, sprayed lightly with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix all ingredients with your hands. I find starting with slightly damp hands helps stop it sticking too much
- Shape mixture into 20 – 24 meatballs. Place 1 inch apart in pan.
- Bake uncovered 18 to 22 minutes or until no longer pink in centre.
- For evenly-sized meatballs that will cook in the same amount of time, pat meat mixture into a 6×4-inch square. Cut into 24 squares and roll each square into a ball.
- Add these to your weekly meal plan! To access my meal planning tips and tricks, click here.
Rachel Cassidy is the author of this article and the founder of Little Peeps Eats. She is a passionate food blogger and brand ambassador, but her most important job is being a mum! Little Peeps Eats helps families take the stress out of mealtimes by providing healthy, kid approved recipes, as well as fussy eating tips and tricks. Their website hosts a directory of nutritionists, resources and mealtime products to ensure that you have everything you need at your fingertips when it comes to feeding your family.