Thank you to the lovely Mel from Nourishing Your World for writing this blog and sharing her delicious Banana & Apple Muffins recipe with us!
Creating healthy lunchbox snacks is important to me, I am a mum of 2 little balls of energy, and love to ensure they have lunchboxes full of goodness. Somehow we all seem to have over-ripened bananas in our fruit bowl, and this great Banana & Apple muffin recipe is the perfect way to use up those bananas!
The recipe is also refined sugar free for those who are looking to reduce sugar in their diet, and it is great to have a healthy muffin recipe that still tastes great! These Banana & Apple muffins are perfect for school lunches and can also be frozen, so are perfect for the weekend baking list!
Banana & Apple Muffins
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 apples
- 125g butter (or coconut oil for dairy free)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup rice malt syrup or maple syrup (or your preferred sweetener, maple syrup works really well too)
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees & place 24 silicone muffin moulds on 2 baking trays.
- Melt butter (or coconut oil if using the dairy free option).
- Pour melted butter in to mixing bowl and then add 1/3 cup of rice malt syrup and combine.
- Whisk 2 eggs in a separate bowl and then add to butter & rice malt syrup and mix together.
- Mash banana with a fork until a smooth consistency is reached. Add bananas to mixture.
- Grate 2 apples and add to mixture. Combine all ingredients together well.
- Slowly add 1 1/2 cups wholemeal flour and 1 teaspoon of baking powder to mixture and combine until all ingredients are mixed well.
- Place 2-3 spoonfuls of mixture into each muffin mould (each mould should be two-thirds full).
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes. Test with cake skewer, and if skewer comes out clean, then muffins are ready. When ready, remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool.
Melissa Dickfos, is the Founder at Nourishing Your World, a coffee lover, mum of two children, advocate of making small steps towards healthy living and loves to laugh.
Like this recipe? Check out our Healthy LCM Bars recipe which is also a great lunchbox filler!