It has been a long hot summer, and to be honest with you I haven’t been doing as much baking lately, simply because the thought of turning the oven has not been appealing to me! Instead, we have been looking for more cool and refreshing snack options, and these healthy smoothie recipes courtesy of Sinchies totally fit the bill!
Smoothies are also a great lunchbox option. Simply pop them into a re-useable pouch and ensure they are kept cool. I like to make a batch and put them in the freezer, when I get it out in the morning its has defrosted by morning tea but still chilled.
Here are three of my boys favourite concoctions! Feel free to substitute yoghurt / milk with lactose free varieties if you have any intolerances.
3 healthy smoothie recipes
1. Banana Caramel Smoothie Recipe
- 1 TBSP Chia seeds
- 1/3 cup oats
- 2 pitted dates
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 ripe banana
- Blend the oats until it resembles a fine powder. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth. Pour into a Sinchies reusable pouch and leave it in the fridge overnight.
2. Blueberry Chia Seed Smoothie
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut yoghurt (or yoghurt of your choice)
- 2 TBSP chia seeds
- 1 TBSP honey
- 1 cup blueberries
- Place the coconut milk, coconut yoghurt, chia seeds, honey and blueberries into a blender.
- Whizz until smooth
- Pour into your Sinchies reusable pouches and let your kids slurp up this delicious goodness
3. Mango Smoothie
- 2 mango cheeks (frozen)
- 2 TBSP yoghurt
- 1 TBSP honey
- 1 cup milk
Pop all ingredients into a blender and blend until you get your desired consistency – Fills 3 x 140ml Sinchies reusable food pouches.
Purchase your pouches from Sinchies here!
Looking for school lunchbox ideas? You’ll find all my favourites here.
Rachel Cassidy is the founder of Little Peeps Eats. She is a passionate food blogger and brand ambassador, but her most important job is being a mum! Little Peeps Eats helps families take the stress out of mealtimes by providing healthy, kid approved recipes, as well as fussy eating tips and tricks. Their website hosts a directory of nutritionists, resources and mealtime products to ensure that you have everything you need at your fingertips when it comes to feeding your family.