Are you looking for kid approved festive recipes, as well as grabbing a bargain on some practical but FUN Christmas gifts?
Our Christmas Editorial is full of tasty kids Christmas recipes that the kiddos will just love to help you make, and some bargains on stocking fillers your little peeps are bound to love, from all of our favourite Little Peeps Eats featured businesses.
We’ve also got a pretty sweet giveaway on kids books & knife – a great prize for any budding chef!
Use promo code LPEXMAS18 to shop all the offers below!
All offers valid until 12 December to allow time for Christmas delivery (unless noted otherwise).
Easy Gingerbread Christmas Stars
Bought to you by Tracey from Adventure Snacks
There’s something about gingerbread which always reminds me of Christmas – this is a super easy, mild gingerbread recipe which makes the perfect sweet treat for all of the festive gatherings around this time of year. They can be done as stars, or any other shape – they would be great for birthdays too, just mix up the cookie cutters you use.
- 200g Wholemeal Flour
- 2 tsp Ginger Powder or 1 tsp Ginger Paste
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 4 Tbs Honey or Rice Malt Syrup
- 5 Tbs Coconut Oil, melted
- 2 Tbs Water
- Preheat oven to 180◦C, and line baking tray with baking paper.
- Add dry ingredients to a bowl and mix together.
- Add all wet ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon until a dough forms.
- Roll out dough to approx. 1/2cm thickness on a board lined with baking paper.
- Use cookie cutters to cut out shapes, carefully peel up (a silicone spatula can be used if dough is sticky) and place on baking tray.
- Continue rolling out the dough and cutting shapes until all dough is used.
- Place in the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until they start going golden brown.
- Leave on the tray to harden and cool, then keep in an airtight container.
These are going to become a staple in my house – so many people, young and old have tried them and enjoyed them! If you like a strong ginger flavour, feel free to increase the amount of ginger.
SPECIAL OFFER FROM ADVENTURE SNACKS
Save 15% OFF STOREWIDE on a fabulous range of kids lunch boxes, bento accessories and bake-at-home-mixes. The perfect stocking fillers to prepare for back-to-school!
Use promo code LPEXMAS18 and SHOP HERE.
Gluten free chocolate cake bites with Santa hat
Bought to you by Yumi from Baby Bento
This adorable recipe for Chocolate Cake Bites with Santa Hats is one of those kids Christmas recipes that the whole family will not only enjoy making, but love eating! Chocolate and strawberries is always a winning combination and the dollop of whipped cream adds delicious Christmas indulgence!
- 1/2 cup of almond meal
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of coco powder
- 1/4 hot water
- 75g butter melted
- 75g dark chocolate melted
- 2 eggs
- Fresh cream for whipping (small container)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- In a large bowl, place the coco powder and hot water and mix well. add almond meal, brown sugar, melted butter and chocolate and mix well.
- Add egg yolk, 1 at a time and stir well each time.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff and fold into the chocolate mixture
- Pour mixture into a mini muffin mold and put into pre-heated oven for 40 – 45 minutes.
- Cool completely in the mold, remove and dust with icing sugar
Santa hat : just a small drop of whipped cream on the cake then a strawberry on top, tiny bit of cream on top of the strawberry.
SPECIAL OFFER FROM BABY BENTO
Save 15% FULL PRICED ITEMS on a fabulous range of kids lunch boxes, bento accessories and MORE! The perfect stocking fillers to prepare for back-to-school!
Use promo code LPEXMAS18 and click here to shop!
Brought to you by Angeline from Bambino Love.
Without a doubt, my favourite recipe to make with the kids is a Gingerbread House!
Depending on the time I have available (and how organised I am!) I will either buy a pre-made kit, or make from scratch. The image shown is from a kit from Aldi which tasted every bit as good as it looked!
My favourite Gingerbread House recipe to make from scratch is from Flavor Bender. It also includes a fabulous template which makes the process really straight forward, and tastes sensational! You can find the full recipe here.
SPECIAL OFFER FROM BAMBINO LOVE
Save 15% OFF FULL PRICED ITEMS on a fabulous range of kids lunch boxes, bento accessories and MORE!. The perfect stocking fillers to prepare for back-to-school!
Use promo code LPEXMAS18 and click here to shop!
Banana snow men
Bought to you by Kate from Foost.
Banana snowmen is a delicious, fun and healthy recipe, plus a perfect Christmas activity to entertain the kids in the lead up to Christmas.
Makes: 3 snowmen
- 1 medium banana
- 3 large grapes with the bottom sliced off on one side
- 1/4 of a carrot or pretzel sticks
- 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut
- 15 currants
- 3 bamboo skewers
- Cut the banana into 9 thick slices
- Roll banana pieces in coconut (so looks like snow)
- Wash and scrub the carrot (no need to peel)
- Cut carrot into 3 small triangles for the noses and cut 6 long stick for arms (or use the pretzel sticks)
- For each snowman, thread 3 slices of banana onto a skewer and top with a grape beanie
- Attach carrot nose to the top three banana pieces (as noses), carrot sticks (or pretzel sticks) for arms, press currents as eyes and buttons
SPECIAL OFFER FROM FOOST
Save 15% storewide on kids knives, bamboo dinnerware, books and more. Everything you need to get your kids in the kitchen!Use promo code LPEXMAS18 and click here to shop!Offer ends 21 December (order by 12 Dec for pre-Christmas delivery).
Sweet Potato Latkes
These are a fabulous addition to any special celebration, and the great news is… to make them couldn’t be easier!
You can find our favourite go-to recipe for Sweet Potato Latkes on Taste.
SPECIAL OFFER FROM KIND TO KIDZ
TAKE $5 OFF YOUR TOTAL ORDER! Add the promo code to your shopping basket, and have $5 taken from your total order.
Use promo code LPEXMAS18 and Shop our fabulous range of children’s mealtime must haves, wooden toys + more here.
Salt Dough Decorations and Advent Spiral
Bought to you by Mandy from Little People Nutrition
I adore Christmas, even more since I had children. I love the lights, the tree, the pudding, the candy canes, the mangos, the cherries, the gingerbread, the everything!
As much as I love all the food and the intensity of it all, I love the simple traditions the best. Coming together around the table cooking and making decorations and cards for our family and friends. Christmas to us is about gratitude for our health and our loved ones in our lives.
Last year we started the tradition of an advent spiral. This idea came from Whole Family Rhythms (who I adore!). And although I am not against chocolate advent calendars, I adore the sentiment and calm that comes from lighting a candle, pausing and reflecting of the joy in our lives. And of course, less sugary morsels consumed through a time of overconsumption, the better.
Salt dough is a ridiculously easy kids Christmas recipe that is fun to make, and they can then make decorations to their hearts content.
- 1 ½ cups of plain flour
- ½ cup of fine table salt
- 1 tbsp of oil
- 2/3 cup of chilled water.
- Mix the flour and salt together and then slowly add in the oil and water. Bring the mixture together until it is making a dough and then turn it out onto a floured surface and need it into a smooth ball.
- Make decorations as you please but remember to make holes for hanging.
- The advent spiral is made by starting with rolling a long ‘sausage’. On a lined baking tray, curl it around in your desired shape. Use a candle to make indents deep enough to hold a candle when it has baked. You will need 25 indents. Take your time to measure it out so the spaces are semi-even.
- Bake your decorations in a 120 degree Celsius preheated oven for 2 – 2 ½ hours. Cool and decorate.
SPECIAL OFFER FROM LITTLE PEOPLE NUTRITION
FREE kids cooking knife with every purchase of “At my family table“, a children’s storybook following four multicultural families and what they eat at their family table.
Purchase by 15 December for pre-Christmas delivery. Use promo code LPEXMAS18 in the comments when making your purchase to receive your free knife.
Chicken Tomato Pasta
Brought to you by Alix from Mashblox.
I just love recipes that work for bub and the family. Did you know, Mashblox is the perfect accompaniment to baby led weaning and other self feeding methods to keep messy, saucy foods contained while still letting bub play.
Check out our super easy Chicken Pasta recipe the whole family will love:
- 1 clove garlic
- 400g canned tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms & brown (optional)
- Shredded chicken breast
- boiled spiral pasta
- Sautee 1 clove garlic and butter
- Add 1 cup chopped mushrooms & brown (optional)
- Add 400g canned tomatoes
- Shred in a chicken breast
*Serve with boiled spiral pasta for you
*Stir through pasta and spoon into Mashblox for bub!
* if bub is up to finger food, feel free to serve chicken & pasta spirals alongside mashblox
* if your kid will eat mushroom you might want to dice it finer to get out of the mashblox
* minus the pasta for the adult serve and it’s even keto-friendly 👌(in moderation)
SPECIAL OFFER FROM MASHBLOX
Mashblox is offering 20% off (4packs). The squishy silicone hollow blox are reusable and versatile – fridge, freezer, microwave, oven and dishwasher safe! Why not try sugar-free jelly or pre-freeze fruit purees for iceblox for a healthy refreshing summer treat. They also make a great Christmas gift idea for expecting parents. Use promo code LPEXMAS18 and clickn SHOP HERE.
Candy Cane Christmas Shake
Bought to you by Caitlin from Reliv.
With Christmas time near, celebrate your holiday with this magical Candy Cane Christmas Shake, one of our favourite kids Christmas recipes that you can drink!
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 scoop Reliv Nourish for Kids
- 1/2 cup ice
Add all ingredients to your blender, and blend until smooth.
Reliv Nourish™ for Kids gives you a powerful weapon in combating fussy eaters and the ravages of today’s fast food diets. Reliv Nourish™ for Kids is a healthy drink containing an array of vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin A, Omega 3 and Calcium, in a soy protein base.
Your Kids will love the taste, and you’ll love the convenience – just one creamy shake a day is all it takes to fortify your child with advanced nutrition needed for a healthy future.
SPECIAL OFFER FROM RELIV
Reliv is offering a special buy one get one free for all Little Peeps Eats members. Simply visit our website for more details and your free product will be added to your order at time of dispatch.
Christmas Cookies in a pouch
Bought to you by Sam from Sinchies.
Kids Christmas Recipes are a cinch with Sinchies!
Trying to find gifts for everyone at Christmas time can be a hard task, so why not make it easy and give a gift of food that won’t go off and can travel? I absolutely love making and giving these out. They’re so easy and always well received! They’re a great idea for budding little chef’s & they usually can’t wait to get into the kitchen and keeping bugging mum all afternoon with the “can we make them yet” question. Another neat idea is to add a cookie cutter to this as part of the gift.
All you’ve got to do is weigh out the dry ingredients into a 500ml Sinchies and add a “what to do” tag to them.
I always keep 1 litre Sinchies filled with the dry ingredients for cakes, pancakes and cookies in my pantry too – quick n’easy to make up when needed.
LAYER THESE INGREDIENTS INTO A 500ML SINCHIES
110g plain flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 75g dark brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 75g caster sugar
- 60g rolled oats
- 100g of M & M’s (White Chocolate Drops, Dried cranberries, cherries or blueberries)
NEXT……WRITE THIS ON A TAG AND ATTACH IT TO THE POUCH
- Add 125g melted butter, 1 egg beaten, 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Empty the Sinchies ingredients into a bowl, add the butter, egg and vanilla and stir until combined.
- Line 2 trays with baking paper & using a tablespoon as your measure shape the mixture into balls.
- Place them on the trays and bake for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Put them into your 1L Sinchies Reusable Food Pouch.
SPECIAL OFFER FROM SINCHIES
Use promo code LPEXMAS18 to save 20% off all full priced items at Sinchies!
*Excludes SInchies Savvy Kit and try before you buy items.
- One copy of What If Vegetables Were People
- One copy of the sequel What If Fruits Were Animal
- Foost First Knife
Giveaway ends on 2 December 2018.
Simply jump into our Fussy Eating, Recipes & Lunchbox Ideas group for all the details!
Rachel Cassidy is the author of this article and the founder of Little Peeps Eats. She is a passionate food blogger and brand ambassador, but her most important job is being a mum!
Little Peeps Eats helps families take the stress out of mealtimes by providing healthy, kid approved recipes, as well as fussy eating tips and tricks. Their website hosts a directory of nutritionists, resources and mealtime products to ensure that you have everything you need at your fingertips when it comes to feeding your family.