Julian and Orlando both love pizza, we often make up a batch for dinner and freeze the rest to pack in lunchboxes! This recipe for Mini Wholemeal Pizzas is so easy and a great recipe to get the kids in the kitchen helping to make. We love our Kiddies Food Kutter and Safety Food Peeler for getting the boys involved in the preparation of these!
Feel free to be creative with your toppings! Other great toppings include capsicum, mushrooms, olives, spinach, feta, sausage.
Mini Wholemeal Pizzas
- 2 packets of whole grain/whole meal English Muffins (separated)
- 1.5 – 2 cups grated cheese depending how cheesy you like them
- 225g tin pineapple chunks (drained and juice squeezed out – if you don’t want to toss the juice stick it in an ice cream mould for a treat of freeze it in cubes to add to a smoothie)
- 200g ham
- One punnet cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 jar of tomato based pasta sauce (I choose one with added veggies!)
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Spread pasta sauce over each of the muffins
- Separate the ham over each of the muffins
- Add the pineapple chunks to 6 of the muffins
- Add cherry tomatoes to the other 6 muffins
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over each of the muffins
- Place in the oven for 10 mins or until the cheese is golden.
Tip: Freeze any leftovers! These are perfect to have a stash in the freezer for school lunchboxes.
If you liked this recipe you will LOVE our Baked Italian Meatballs!
Rachel Cassidy is the author of this article and the founder of Little Peeps Eats. She is a passionate food blogger and brand ambassador, but her most important job is being a mum! Little Peeps Eats helps families take the stress out of mealtimes by providing healthy, kid approved recipes, as well as fussy eating tips and tricks. Their website hosts a directory of nutritionists, resources and mealtime products to ensure that you have everything you need at your fingertips when it comes to feeding your family.