I made these with the boys during the holidays and they were so easy to make and the boys could not get enough of them! They are great to have with cheese, hommus and other condiments, and a fabulous lunchbox addition.
Sour Cream and Chives Crackers
- 2 cups plain wholemeal flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried onion
- 75g butter
- 100g sour cream
- Water if required
Image: Goodie Goodie Lunchbox
- In a food processor, add all of the ingredients except the water and process until mixture comes together and balls around the bowl. If the mix remains a breadcrumb texture add a little water slowly (up to 1 tbsp). If the mixture appears wet, add a little flour until the consistency is like pastry.
- When the dough is ready, turn onto a floured board or bench (or directly on to baking paper which is a lot easier) and roll out in a rectangle to around 0.25 – 0.5cm thick.
- Carefully lay on baking paper and lay flat in the fridge for at least 30 minutes and pre-heat your oven to 180c.
- When the dough has chilled cut the dough into squares and lightly prick with a fork.
- Bake in the oven for around 6-10 minutes until lightly browned. The time indicated is entirely dependent on how thin your dough is rolled so keep a close eye on the crackers. I find 0.25 cm thickness is ready at around 6 minutes.
Big thanks to the every so lovely Bernadette Hanly from Goodie Goodie Lunchbox for sharing her DELICIOUS Sour Cream and Chives Crackers recipe with us!
If you find labelling confusing and would like some examples of healthy pre-packaged snack options, click here!
Rachel Cassidy is the founder of Little Peeps Eats. She is a passionate food blogger and brand ambassador, but her most important job is being a mum! Little Peeps Eats helps families take the stress out of mealtimes by providing healthy, kid approved recipes, as well as fussy eating tips and tricks. Their website hosts a directory of nutritionists, resources and mealtime products to ensure that you have everything you need at your fingertips when it comes to feeding your family.